Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pass the caviar dah'ling, err, no I mean the oysters….

OK, so after all of that hype (ok, just a tweet and a blog entry) I decided not to post my query letter on Query Shark. Yes, you heard me correctly. Although I said I would on my previous blog, I’ve decided that the timing isn’t right. As my version of the Tao Te Ching, by Stephen Mitchell, said this morning:

“Prevent trouble before it arises...” - Oops, that’s the wrong passage.

Flip, flip. Ok, found the right one:

“Forcing a project to completion,/ You ruin what was almost ripe.

Therefore the Master takes action / by letting things take their course.”

So alas my friends, you will have to wait for me to venture into the Query Shark- infested waters until the time is right. I am slowly learning that, like a child, the book has its own energy and it’s not up to me to decide what it will do and when. I realize this may sound completely nutty to many of you out there, but it is what it is.

My novel, Anna’s Tears, is being lovingly (at least I think so) reviewed by my book club of ten years and after that I will send it for a thorough copy-edit. And then… well the future, and her mysterious ways, will let me know the next step; if I just take the time to listen that is.

On another note, did you know that people have actually been asking me to update my bog? I know, I find it hard to believe as well! I hope you enjoyed this short post.

See, I’m getting there; eventually I’ll be able to write that query in two tweets or less!

No comments:

Post a Comment